CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

An attempt at sewing...

...well this is not my first attempt. In fact, years ago I was pretty good at it. I've been meaning to make these little halter tops for the girls for their trip to CA, but I've been putting it off. Yesterday I realized that they leave on MONDAY! So, I made Ashley's top and here it is:











I think it is pretty cute - minus the little soccer t-shirt that she is wearing under it. My sewing ventures are going to take some time because I seriously cannot sew a straight line. I'm learning that I need to take my time and slow down a bit.

Hopefully I will only get better with practice.

This is a seriously easy pattern that I bought off of Etsy a few months back. http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=15096321 It took me 4 hours to make, but it should have only taken me 2 hours. I had some issues with my machine and the tension, but once it was fixed it went quite smoothly.

In the end, I'm happy with the final product. :)

0 comments: